Rathika Ramasamy Masterclass Workshop, Kaziranga, December 2024
Workshop : Rathika Ramasamy Wildlife Photography Masterclass
Venue : Kaziranga National Park, Assam, India
Dates and Cost details will be announced soon.
If you are interested, please fill up the google form here. We will get back to you.
Masterclass Schedule :
Day 1 : Arrival Guwahati airport before 11 am, leave for Kaziranga.
Day 2 : Morning and Evening Safari
Day 3 : Morning and Evening Safari
Day 4 : Morning and Evening Safari
Day 5 : Post breakfast to leave for Guwahati airport/railway station.
Payment terms :
- 50% payment for booking as registration is confirmed.(Non refundable)
- Balance has to be paid one month before the masterclass.
- You can pay GPay or send direct bank transfer. Once registration is confirmed, we will send the mode of payment details.
Costs Includes :
- Accommodation & Meals (breakfast. Lunch and Dinner and morning and evening Tea at resort)
- Mentor fees
- 6 Jeep safaris in Kaziranga (per vehicle 4 participants )
- Park entry fee for Indian Nationals , NRI/Foreigners pay extra
Costs Excludes :
- Air fair
- Transport from Guwahati Airport to Kaziranga
- Any meal or extras not mentioned
- Any kind or personal expenses like mineral water, soft drinks, phone calls. laundry etc
- Camera Entry fee INR 500
- Any additional activities
- Any extra expenses due to change in itinerary due to delay/cancellation of flight, natural calamity, political unrest, medical condition or any other unforeseen circumstance
- Accommodation will be on twin sharing.
- Hotel will be infinity Resorts or similar.
- Participants will be limited to 4 per vehicle while on safari to ensure the most comfortable experience.
- Participants to ensure that their flight are booked to Guwahati landing before 11 am on first day of the masterclass. The transfer to Kaziranga will depart 11 am .Kaziranga is 5 hr drive from Guwahati.
- Return flight to be booked late afternoon or late evening of the last day of the workshop.
- Guwahati to Kaziranga, car pool will be arranged for participants on shared cost basis(Details of cost will be shared closer to the trip date )
- A WhatsApp group will be created for all participants once registeration is closed.
Rathika has been conducting masterclass every year. The purpose of this workshop is to fine tune your wildlife photography skills by learning from and shooting along with Rathika and further your knowledge of the subjects and photography techniques. Rathika has been to Kaziranga several times during the last 20 years; she knows the park very well and helps you to create wonderful wildlife image.
The number of participants are kept limited, so that Rathika could spend more time with each participants, shoot along with them sharing her experience and knowledge. If you are already doing wildlife photography, this field learning experience will make you understand wildlife habitats, how to make inspiring images, story telling images and how to capture emotions in the frame.
Who could attend :
If you are a nature photographer and wildlife photographer who would like to explore the Kaziranga, then this masterclass is for you. You are ready doing wildlife photography, then this is the chance to shoot along with Rathika and make beautiful images from Kaziranga. If you are a wildlife lover, then you will enjoy the Kaziranga wilderness.
Pre requisite: Basic DSLR knowledge. Interest to learn and interest to enjoy the nature and wildlife.
About the Venue :
Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve is located in the heart of Assam, on the southern Bank of mighty Brahmaputra River. This park is one of the last areas for wildlife in eastern India undisturbed by a human presence. Central zone is famous for Tiger sightings. It is inhabited by the world's largest population of One-horned rhinoceroses. Kaziranga is home to 88 mammalian species; Wild water buffalo, Indian elephant , Gaur, Common Otter, Barasingha are some of the important species and easy to photograph, apart from these there are extremely rare and endemic mammals can be seen photographed in this park. One-horned Rhinoceros is also called the pride of Assam and is endemic to the Indian sub-subcontinent; it is an endangered animal. It is UNESCO World Heritage Site. It only park India it has flood plains because Bramaputra river the biodiversity of the park is awesome.
- You may get see and photograph Big 5 of Kaziranga ,endemic One-horned Rhinoceros , Asiatic Water Buffalo, Indian Elephant, Bengal Tiger and Barasingha.
- It is also birding paradise with more than 500 species.
- Kaziranga Tiger reserve is one of the beautiful national park, well maintained.
- With limited number of participants , 4 participants in one vehicle, you will be comfortable watching and photographing from vehicle.
Terms and Conditions:
- The workshop charges are for Indian National Only. Foreign nationals and NRIs have to pay extra for entry tickets.
- Rathika Ramasamy Photography is responsible only for the content of the workshops. We do not own or operate or control any transport company, hotel etc. While we endeavour to make all travel arrangements with utmost care, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage, injury, or death which may be caused by the act or default of the management or employees of any hoteliers, airlines, transport company.
- Littering and taking anything from nature trails is strictly prohibited. All national parks have certain rules that everyone must follow. Breaking the rules is a serious offence, which might result in the government taking legal action.
- All videos and photographs may be used for promotion purposes by Rathika and her social media accounts and websites. If you do not agree, please inform us via email or whatsapp message before departure.
- Do not take pictures and videos of locals and other participants without their permission. Don’t share them without the concerned person’s permission.
- Flash photography inside the national park is not allowed.
- While we will do our best to get maximum sightings possible, we cannot guarantee any wildlife sightings. Please bear in mind that this is wildlife and hence we will be able to see what we will be able to see. Participants should come with an open mind.
- Rathika Ramasamy Photography will not be held responsible for occurrence of any of the following circumstances during or before the commencement of the trip, and any extra costs occurring due to these are to be borne by you:
Any rioting, violence in the area or impending threat of violence.
Any acts of God, like heat wave, heavy rain, floods, land slide, earthquakes, extreme bad weather, etc.
Any delay or cancellation of flights, ferry, trains, bus etc.
Medical problem, sickness, physical inability to manage with the itinerary or any other such matter. Such an inability shall not affect/ delay rest of the group on the Tour per se.
Lost luggage, loss of personal belongings and/ or theft etc.
Images from Kaziranga